You might love Jerry, Mickey Mouse, Stuart Little, or mice pets in general. But you would certainly be worried due to these creatures showing themselves running around your house multiple times a day. And then there are some people who have an inherent dislike or are extremely scared of rats and mice.
The reasons why you need to contact a professional pest control service like Pointe Pest Control so eliminate all these creatures are mentioned below.
· These rodents come with a lot of parasites, which means they are capable of spreading serious diseases like Listeria, Plague, Hantavirus, Salmonellosis, and Rat-Bite Fever.
· Rodents multiply in numbers quickly. Once a single rat or mouse comes and hides in your home, it can give birth to various other rats and mice attracting other wild ones as well.
· The rats and mice also play a huge role in contributing to dangerous allergies. Some people are allergic to the droppings and urine of mice just like they are allergic to dust and mold.
· Exposure to mouse allergen is known for causing asthma in adults and children.
· Additionally, these excretions by mice and rats can trigger allergies in humans.
· The make nests in air ducts, attics and walls, which can create foul odor that can fill the room nearby.
· Another reason is that these creatures can take a toll on your home, as they are known to eat anything including parts of your house. Their sharp teeth can gnaw through wallboards, insulation, cardboard, and even wood. Repairing the damage can at times cost several thousand dollars
· Some rodents are specifically fond of electrical wiring, which can lead to real danger. Almost 25% of the house fires in the U.S.A. happen due to exposed wiring resulting from mice.
However, if you are effective in rodent control or hire Pointe Pest Control, you can save yourself, your family members, and your pets from diseases, allergies, and lots of money. Eliminating rats yourself is not that difficult if you are not scared of these creatures. You can use these following tips to chase the rats and mice away.
· Eliminate all food and water supply for them by putting all the food in airtight containers built from sturdy materials and repairing all the leaking and sweating pipes. Avoid keeping dirty dishes overnight as well as stagnant water in sinks.
· Clean your home every few days and your kitchen every night. Ensure that there are no food crumbs or food stains left in the open. The rodents feed on them and would not want to leave such a comfortable space, which provides them with food, water, and shelter.
· Seal all the entry points, such as cracks, crevices, and gaps in doors and windows.
· Lastly, use rodent traps and baits. You can use carbohydrate or protein-based baits and keep them in shady areas. Seal the area as well. This way, you will prevent rodents from running away.
Rodents are notorious and unwanted guests for almost everyone. They can cause harm to your health and huge damage to your home if you do not get Pointe Pest Control in time.