The bathroom is now seen as more than just a place where we can take a shower or bath and groom ourselves – it is, in fact, a much more relevant space in the home where we can relax, rejuvenate, and soothe our senses. More people are investing in a luxurious bathroom, outfitting it with all the elements they want in order to make it a much better place for themselves and their families. But if you are thinking of an upgrade for your bathroom, you may be worried that it would take too much time and effort as well as expense. Fortunately, you can still improve your bathroom’s overall look and its functionality without spending too much money or time and effort. So how can you do it? Do you want to give your bathroom that ‘wow’ factor with a few quick changes? Here’s how.
- Install accent tiling. Accent tiling is another brilliant way to add that ‘wow’ factor to your bathroom without spending an inordinate amount of money, and you can install the accent tiles on your vanity wall; you can also install them inside your shower area to make it look more stylish. If you are thinking of installing accent tiles on your vanity wall, you can make it even better by replacing your old and outdated vanity with a new one – there are many bathroom furniture sets you can find online that aren’t only affordable but can also easily complement your new accent tile wall.
- Install a curved rod for your bathroom shower curtain. While a typical curtain rod will be straight, why not add more space in your bathroom with a curved rod? With a curved rod, you can have more elbow room while taking a shower, and if you want something with more pizzazz, invest in new shower curtains and rings as well.
- The bathroom can be quite cold once we step out of the bath or shower, so another thing you can do to make your bathroom cosier and comfier is to install a towel warmer. Towel warmers are plentiful, and anyone with a bit of DIY knowledge can easily install them. They’re worth the effort because your bathroom can instantly have that spa feeling once you step out and dry off with a warm towel.
- Replace your old lighting fixtures. The lighting in your bathroom can also make a big impact, and if you have only one central ceiling light or your basic bathroom light, this is hardly enough to make a difference. One brilliant thing you can do is install wall sconces on each side of your bathroom mirror or vanity area, and if you want something with more drama, you can go for wall sconces with a retro or vintage look or a fixture made from materials like bronze. You can also install downlights or spotlights on the different corners of your bathroom; this can serve to accentuate wall hangings or picture frames and give your bathroom a more elegant feel.
- Lastly, you can replace your old taps with new ones, and this is an easy and inexpensive endeavour as well. Better yet, replace all your taps and your showerhead with new ones, and you’ll feel much better using these shiny new fixtures every single day.
Image attributed to Pixabay.com