There are few things more embarrassing for people than to suffer from a fungal infection in the nails – which is a shame, as there is nothing to be embarrassed about. A fungal infection often cannot be helped, even if you are diligent with your hygiene. If you are in an area where a certain fungus runs rampant, the chances are high that you will eventually get it.
There is nothing to be embarrassed about when suffering from nail fungus, as it is a relatively common occurrence. It has nothing to do with hygiene, but simply where you live. Fortunately, you will not have to suffer from such a fungal infection for long! Here are a few effective means of treating nail fungus.
Dealing with home remedies
While the use of conventional medicine is an excellent way of dealing with fungus, there are plenty of home remedies available that can help speed up the process. Such remedies include:
- Listerine. While it may come as a surprise that Listerine makes an effective antifungal treatment, it has plenty of antibacterial properties. All you have to do is soak the affected nails on a Listerine solution for half an hour every day. If you start to get a rash or your skin becomes irritated, it would be best to utilise other treatments.
- Vinegar. Similar to the way Listerine is applied (though you will have to add water), vinegar is another excellent means of clearing up an infection.
- Natural oils and extracts. Some of the more potent combinations include tea tree and oregano extract. While most oils and extracts are quite pleasant to apply and can help you sleep, it would be a good idea to check if you happen to be allergic to certain combinations.
- Garlic. One of the go-to methods of dealing with fungus, garlic is an age-old treatment that can easily rid you of your fungal infection. Whether you take garlic orally or rub it on the affected area, it can help deal with the problem even without conventional methods.
- Diet. Garlic is already an excellent means of combating fungal infections, but more changes in your diet can have positive effects. By taking more essential fatty acids and food rich in probiotics, you can make it easier for the infection to heal.
Aside from the remedies above, the best way to deal with fungal infections that plague nails is by purchasing special creams for fungal nail treatment UK retailers provide. When paired with the home remedies, it can expedite the healing tremendously.
While it can undoubtedly be frustrating and embarrassing to have to deal with a fungal nail infection, you never have to deal with it for very long. Making use of the home remedies above paired with antifungal creams can ensure that no amount of fungus will last very long in your system.
Leave a Reply